The General Board of Higher Education is seeking an Assistant General Secretary for Collegiate Ministries - Division of Higher Education.
The incumbent leads the promotion, interpretation, and resourcing of collegiate ministries and college chaplaincies for The United Methodist Church. Work includes coordinating relationships with ecumenical partners and providing an interface between ecumenical collegiate ministry and the UMC; providing support for professional organizations related to collegiate ministry; and leading the UMC in articulating the theological and practical role of collegiate ministry. The incumbent will work closely with the other components in the Division of Higher Education to ensure young leadership is supported with high quality national programs for college students. The portfolio also includes performing tasks associated with the accomplishment of the division’s goals and GBHEM’s strategic goals.
Requirements: Master of Divinity or equivalent; doctoral degree preferred; ordination in the UMC required; minimum of 4 years’ experience in collegiate ministry or college chaplaincy; experience at general church and/or annual conference level preferred; minimum of 2 years’ office administration experience including supervision of staff required; demonstrated effective leadership in complex organizations and in collegiate ministry; experience in and sensitivity to diverse cultural issues; fluency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese a plus; understanding of and familiarity with higher education administration; strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability and desire to work in a team approach. Relocation to Nashville, TN, required.
To apply: Send a letter indicating how your experience, training, gifts and skills equip you for this work. Include a resume and the names of three persons familiar with your ministry.
Send your application packet to:
GBHEM Human Resources
C/O Assistant GS Collegiate Ministry
P.O. Box 340007
Nashville, TN 37203-0007
Posted: September 17, 2014
Canterbury United Methodist Church (www.canterburyumc.org) located in Birmingham, Alabama, is searching for a full-time Director of Student Faith Formation, a person who will serve more in an “executor” role as part of the student ministry team. This position will build upon and strengthen the spiritual formation of students by establishing relationships with both students and their families.
The main responsibilities are:
- Maintain day-to-day management of the spiritual formation of students, in alignment with Canterbury’s mission and values
- Develop relationships with youth and their families to nurture their relationship with Christ, with a focus on high school students and families
- Collaborate, support and troubleshoot with volunteers
- Provide oversight to the programmatic aspects of student ministry
- Infuse a joyful Christian atmosphere into all Canterbury youth programs
- A minimum of five years of experience in leading a youth ministry program, preferably in a larger church or similar organization
- A Bachelor’s degree with a preference toward a field related to youth ministry
- Knowledge of sustainable systems
- A passion for serving youth and their families
- Ability to serve as a spiritual role model by demonstrating a commitment to Christian spiritual practices and by articulating a personal faith journey.
- Ability to plan, implement, and measure the results of ministry programs and events
- Alignment with the beliefs and practices of the United Methodist Church
Canterbury United Methodist Church is a well-established, traditional church of about 3000 members in Birmingham, AL with a history of excellence in music, worship, adult education and mission experiences. The theological environment of Canterbury United Methodist Church offers a foundation on the Bible while promoting a culture that values theological diversity. Canterbury United Methodist Church strives to model openness, acceptance, and tolerance.
For more detailed information and to submit a resume, please contact Kristina Zirschky at KristinaZ@ymarchitects.com.
Cokesbury United Methodist Church (Pensacola, FL) is searching for a Leader of Children and Family Ministries.
- Degree or certification in early childhood development, Christian education, education, or a related field.
- Familiar with Microsoft office suite products
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience in Children Sunday School Program leadership
- Working knowledge of Safe Sanctuary policies
- At least One year Nursery experience in a church setting
- At least One year Sunday School experience
Position Overview - The Leader of Children & Family Ministries will continue to build, articulate, communicate and motivate a vibrant ministry of child friendly and family oriented activities and integrate them into the life and congregation of our church. She/he will be committed to the spiritual growth and character development of young families and children – supporting and enhancing existing programs, and introducing new and exciting programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organize, coordinate and lead Children’s Worship for grades k-5 on Sunday mornings.
- Organize, coordinate and lead Wednesday night programming for ages 3 – 5th grade.
- Greet parents and children at the Children’s Center several mornings or afternoons a week. Greet parents Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, and during special events.
- Assist with children’s outreach activities, i.e. Young adult family night events, young adult/family activity planning, church-wide retreats
- Organize and lead children’s special events, i.e. Breakfast with Santa, Eggstravaganza, VBS, church camps and summer activities.
- Recruit, hire, train, and lead volunteer teaching staff for Sunday school.
- Assist with creating, organizing and implementing new community outreach opportunities with children in the area.
- Coordinate and supervise nursery care as requested by members and staff, which includes scheduling, training, and direct supervision.
- Assist in coordination of and attend Children’s center special events.
- Be present for Children’s Chapel each Monday morning.
- Lead Children’s center chapel once a month.
- Serve on Children’s Center Board.
- Drive Church bus on occasion. (CDL must be obtained after employment)
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Become an active member of Cokesbury UMC
- Good people/telephone skills.
- Time management, ability to multi-task, professional verbal skills.
- Experience with the following computer programs: Word, Excel and Outlook
Contact the church office (850) 476-5818 to apply.
The United Methodist Children's Home (UMCH) is seeking a Full Time Youth Care Worker in Mobile AL at Babies First. The schedule would be 2 days on, 2 days off, and every other weekend. FLSA is non-exempt.
Click HERE for a complete job description.
To apply, please submit an Employment Application or resume to:
Director of Human Resources
3140 Zelda Court
Montgomery, Alabama 36106-2607
UMCH actively seeks diversity among its employees.
All new employees are drug tested.
Christ United Methodist Church in Milton, FL is seeking a Nursery Caregiver. Thye are looking for a dependable, dedicated person who loves working with very young children and can work with them and their parents in a loving caring manner during our Church Worship Service and Sunday School hour. This person needs to provide a clean and safe environment for the children to play/sleep in, and understand the awesome responsibility that comes with caring for young children.
Hours are Sunday Mornings from 8:45 AM to 11:15 AM, and Wednesday evenings and for special events. Hourly rate is based on experience and budget allowances. Starting date is September 7, 2014.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact our church office 850-623-8828 for an application and full job description or you may visit our website christumcmilton.com
for a copy of the application and job description. Church office hours are Monday, Thursday and Fridays 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Please address all correspondence to Pastor Ronnie Bearden.
Aldersgate United Methodist Church, the “Church with a Warm Heart”, is looking for an energetic Youth Pastor who enjoys preaching and connecting with young people.
Aldersgate is a multi-generational church with great facilities and a long tradition of excellent youth ministry. The church is surrounded by neighborhoods with families and is located in Seminole, Florida, close to many nationally rated beaches. Seminole is part of the Tampa Bay metropolitan area and boasts multiple cultural venues and a variety of major and minor league sports teams.
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.
Trinity United Methodist Church (Ft. Walton Beach, Florida) is accepting applications for the position of Director of Chancel Choir. This position is available immediately.
Experienced applicants should either have a music degree and/or equivalent experience.
This position is part time, with responsibilities including leading music for two Sunday services and special services, directing the Chancel Choir, and others as indicated in the job description .
A complete job description is available by contacting the church at the email address below.
Salary is negotiable, depending upon experience.
Please send resume (including references), etc., to: Attn: Kevin Shular, Trinity United Methodist Church, 403 Racetrack Rd. N.W., Ft. Walton Beach, FL, 32547" or fax: 850-862-1103 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Mulder Memorial United Methodist Church in Wetumpka, Alabama is now accepting applications for a part-time Child Care Worker for Kindergarten through 5th grade. Interested persons must possess a love for pre-school and elementary age children. Sunday evening hours, 4:00 - 7:00 pm, will be required.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Please contact Mara Holden, Director of Children's Ministries (email@example.com) for more information or an application.
First United Methodist Church of Pace, FL has a job opening for a part-time Children’s Ministry Director.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org .
First United Methodist Church of Brewton, AL is seeking a fulltime director of youth ministries. The job involves ministering to youth ages fifth grade through college and helping them grow in their faith in Jesus Christ. A college degree and knowledge of the United Method Church’s belief’s and polity are required.
If you are interested in the applying for the job, or would like more information, please contact Dr. Ed Glaize at 251867-8051 or email at email@example.com.
Click HERE for a full job description.
First United Methodist Church of Port St. Joe, FL is seeking a part time nursery assistant to care for children ages 0-5 during Sunday School, Sunday worship services, Sunday nights, Wednesday nights, Friday mornings, and other church events as required.
Please submit a resume, contact information for at least 3 references and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Atten: Nursery Position or P.O. Box 266 Port St. Joe, FL 32457 Attn: Bobbi Lassiter.
Rev. Bobbi Lassiter
FUMC of Port St. Joe
St. Mark United Methodist Church is seeking an Office Manager 9am – 1pm Monday through Thursday.
Click HERE to see the full job description.
Send resume, which includes three references to:
Rev. Matt O’Reilly
St. Mark United Methodist Church
439 Azalea Road
Mobile, AL 36609
Lynn Haven United Methodist Church (Panama City, FL) is looking for two part time Audio Engineers.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Growing faith in God
- Work in a team setting and take directions
- Able to mix audio in the live environment or willing to attended training and work alongside a mentor
- Able to think quickly and troubleshoot high stress situations
- Have commitment to a local church small group
- Willing to attend training and learn from training material for improving existing skills
Please send resumes to Brad Burke, email@example.com or Tyler Corbin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gulf Breeze United Methodist Church is seeking an Executive Administrative Assistant. This is a 30 hour/wk position supporting the Senior Pastor and Associate with calendar, appointments, coordination of events, minutes from board meetings, spreadsheets and general clerical/reception responsibilities. This person should have previous experience, preferably in a church, and be able to multi-task and work well with others or by themselves. Strong computer skills are required.
To apply contact Paula Reid at email@example.com
First United Methodist Church of Prattville (FUMC) is hiring a Part-Time Worship Leader to provided leadership for The Well, FUMC’s contemporary service.
Applicants should have the skills and experience necessary to lead and coordinate all aspects of The Well including: leading congregational worship, facilitating the growth and excellence of our worship band, coordinating volunteers, doing set-design, coordinating media and sound. We are seeking a positive, energetic, and creative person who can work well in a team and has a strong faith in Christ.
A complete job description can be found at http://www.prattvillemethodist.org/#/contact/job-opportunities.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Senior Pastor Dr. Rob Couch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
First United Methodist Church, Pell City has an immediate opening for a Youth Director. To qualify this person must have the ability to minister to youth and their families through the worship of Jesus Christ, the teaching of Christian faith and practice and serving Christ in His church and the world.
Experience in youth ministry leadership is highly desirable and you must have good verbal and written communication skills. These are flexible work hours with a minimum expectation of 10 - 20 hours per week with potential for growth. The salary is negotiable.
Personal attributes required are as follows:
1. Passion for the Church to be a transforming presence in the world
2. Self-motivated, dependable and punctual
3. Willingness to be an active team player
4. Strong work ethic
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality
6. Ability to adjust easily to changing priorities
7. A positive attitude
Please send your resume to email@example.com .
Collierville United Methodist Church (Collierville, TN) is seeking an individual who will utilize music and other worship arts to glorify God by providing varied and different opportunities of worship, and to encourage individuals and groups to express and grow in their Christian faith through the offering of their various gifts and talents to God in mission and ministry. This is a full-time position.
Please send all résumés to Rev. Kristofer Roof, associate minister, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Perdido Bay United Methodist Church is seeking a Church Administrator. This individual will be responsible for assisting in the planning and development of the Perdido Bay United Methodist Church and Community Center operating budget, programming, human resource management, administrative support, marketing, and overall physical plant operations, while building project objectives, and driving structure among the team. The incumbent will deliver solutions while leading team members to drive growth and strengthen the mission of the Community Center by creating a new and expanded business plan with improved fiscal outcomes for the church.
- Provide respective program leadership and recommendations to the Church’s senior leadership, lay leadership and staff.
- Provide senior staff support, recommendations and report insights to the following committees: Finance, Endowment, Stewardship, Staff Parrish Relations, Trustees, Church Council and other subcommittees and organizations as required.
- Oversee writing, submission and management of grant proposals and other requests for funding from outside agencies and groups.
- Ensure the church staff and volunteers work in a safe, secure and positive environment.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of a successful business plan for the Community Center that advances the Church’s mission of community outreach while increasing cash flow and reducing and eventually eliminating the negative fiscal impact of the Community Center on the Church’s operating budget
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend church committee meetings as required providing program status reports and updates.
- Respond to other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Associate Pastor or Senior Pastor.
- Serve on community councils and committees and attend community functions.
- Maintain a level of current proficiency in all areas associated with this position.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Commitment to the United Methodist Church and its various ministries, programs, and congregation
- Dedicated involvement in activities associated specifically with Perdido Bay United Methodist Church
- Passion for supporting and directly assisting the various ministries of Perdido Bay United Methodist Church in making disciples for Jesus Christ
- Ability to successfully interact with all walks of people
- Outstanding communication skills – verbal and written
- Present a professional appearance and attitude at all times in all environments and especially while representing the Church
- Efficient at managing projects and planning
- Proven leadership and decision-making skills
- Responsibility for planning and budgetary control
- Ability to manage a budget
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Requires a bachelor's degree with a Master’s Degree preferred with emphasis in Business, Management, Human Resources, Finance, or equivalent task relevant experience
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Excellent communications, conflict resolution, time management and relationship skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including at times nights and weekends
- Ability to develop and implement programs in support of various Church ministries
- Ability to develop and present effective public presentations
- Knowledge of marketing and publicity techniques
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, and is required to talk and hear
- The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, and walk
- The employee may occasionally be required to reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Ability to sit, type, and view a computer screen for an extended period of time
- Ability to use telephone and other communications instruments for an extended period of time
- Able to move furniture if necessary
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SALARY RANGE: $48,400 - $53,240 per year
To apply please contact the church office (850) 492-2135.