Troy First United Methodist Church is seeking a Children’s Ministry Director. This position is part time.
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating programs of discipleship for children and their families.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
• Facilitate all children’s programs and events including nursery, children’s Sunday school, WAM! (Children’s worship service), Friends (children’s Wednesday after school program), daycare/preschool chapel time (each Wednesday morning), Easter Egg Hunt, Fall Festival, Vacation Bible School, and the multi-generational Christmas musical/play.
• Manage Nursery Staff and Volunteers
• Communicate with parents via email, webpage, phone calls, publications, personal contact, etc.; counsel with parents / children as needed
• Recruit, train, mentor, and provide resources to Children’s Ministry teachers and small group leaders
• Staff liaison to Children’s Committee
Job Skills and Requirements:
• A commitment to confidential and privileged information regarding all records of the church, staff, and members
• Must have organizational skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in computer skills
• Compliance with and implementation of policies put in place by Trustees and Church Council
• Experience in field of Children’s Ministry and helpful to have musical background
• A love for children and the ability to work well with others.
• Comply with Safe Sanctuary guidelines
• A demonstrated Christian faith commitment
Send resume to the Church Secretary email@example.com.
For any questions please call the church office (334)-566-4400.